Total Registration can now print the student demographic data directly onto the AP answer sheets, removing the time needed for students to hand-bubble the information during pre-administration sessions or on exam day. The data TR collects during registration is the same questions the College Board asks the students to bubble on their answer sheets. Even though not all schools will use the pre-printing feature, due to system integrity the Total Registration system must collect uniform data across all schools for data the College Board requests.
There are also other, non-required, questions you can choose to ask your students during registration. You can choose the questions from this list, Configure Registration => Manage Standard Questions.
There are several options when configuring standard questions:
- Question Text - Many of the standard questions allow schools to configure the question text in order to display different text than our standard text. Text is edited by clicking on the question text when underlined.
- Ask Students - How does this question appear to registrants that indicate they attend the school.
- Not on Form - Students will not be asked this question
- Optional - Students will be asked this question, but a response is not required. In other words, the question can be left blank.
- Required - The question will be shown and a response is required. Students cannot leave the questions blank.
- Ask Non-Students - A "Non-Student" is a registrant that indicates they do not attend the school.
- Not on Form - Non-Students will not be asked this question
- Optional - Non-Students will be asked this question, but a response is not required. In other words, the question can be left blank.
- Required - The question will be shown and a response is required. Non-Students cannot leave the questions blank.