There are several ways to handle students who do not remember the email or password they used for past registrations.
- We recommend that all schools use the Send Email reminder of email used in the past utility found under Communications in the Report Center. This report allows schools to send all students who registered in the past (except last year's seniors) a reminder of the email they used when registering in the past.
- If students do not remember their password they can click the Reset Password link on the login page. Students have 3 reset options.
- The system can email them a temporary password. The email is sent to both the student and parent emails on record. This only works if they have access to these email addresses. This option may not work with school-issued email addresses as emails are sometimes blocked. If you have collected the student cell phone number during registration, the student will receive a text for the password reset in addition to email.
- Students can use the "Challenge Question" option, providing the answer they created to the question they created to reset their password and/or email. This is a great option for students who do not have access to an old email address or are not receiving password reset emails. Please be aware that the answer is case-sensitive and must be an exact match to what was entered when the answer was set up.
- Students can submit a request to have the school reset their password or update their email address.